PSR NMRA Convention 2022/Back On Track In 2022
(Also known as the San Diego Model Train Convention 2022)
September 7-11, 2022 at the Four Points by Sheraton San Diego in Kearny Mesa (San Diego, California, USA)
The main 2002 Convention web site is here online.
- The information below is a quick summary of the convention.
Who, What, When:
- The San Diego Division of the National Model Railroad Association (NMRA) is sponsoring the PSR NMRA Convention 2022 on September 7-11, 2022.
- This San Diego model train convention will be a fun five filled days of model railroading and prototype tours.
- The convention will be held at the Four Points Sheraton San Diego (in Kearny Mesa next to the general aviation airport Montgomery Field) in San Diego, California, USA.
- To book your discounted hotel rate: Click here
- Every model railroader, worldwide, who is a member of the National Model Railroad Association who models any scale, is welcome to join our convention.
- Model railroaders, worldwide, who are not members of the National Model Railroad Association are welcome to join our convention.
- Those model railroaders who are not members of the National Railroad Association (NMRA) will receive a free nine month membership to the NMRA with your paid registration.
- Please remember to schedule time off now with your employer, so you have those paid vacation days (or unpaid vacation days) locked in.
The main Convention web site is here online.
- Please click here to register for the convention.
- Please remember, to get the early-bird discount registration rates, you must register and pay by September 30, 2021.
Here Is A Brief Summary Of The Convention:
This San Diego model train convention will be a great place to learn more about model railroading through attending clinics, participating in layout tours, visits to the San Diego Model Railroad Museum, take prototype tours, participate in swap meets, hobo auctions and raffles. There will be guest speakers, dinning and more. The model train convention will be a place you can relax around people with the same interest in model railroading as you do, and will be a great way to see current friends, reconnect with old friends and meet new people.
The non-model railroaders who are attending this convention will have plenty to do as San Diego is a top tourist destination for people worldwide. San Diego has many attractions including the beaches, Balboa Park with its many museums, the San Diego Zoo, Sea World, Legoland, the downtown Gaslamp Quarter, Seaport Village, Little Italy, Old Town State Historic Park, Cabrillo National Monument, Sunset Cliffs Natural Park, San Diego Harbor Cruises, San Diego Whale Watching Cruises, Ocean Fishing Excursions and more.
Some National Model Railroad Association Definitions:
- San Diego Division = The National Model Railroad Association (NMRA) has named all the local NMRA groups "Divisions" instead of calling them "clubs." The reason why local NMRA groups are called a Divisions, is that model railroad clubs usually have permanent layout (or are module clubs) and NMRA Divisions don't have a layout for its members. What NMRA Divisions offer to its members are holding monthly meetings and events. Our meetings can include "how-to" clinics (which are workshops where any type modeling techniques are taught), swap meets, auctions, pot lucks and more. Our events can be prototype tours, layout tours, model train conventions and more.
- PSR = The Pacific Southwest Region (PSR) is a region of four southwest (USA) NMRA Divisions. The Pacific Southwest Region includes three Divisions in Southern California and the one Division that is located in Arizona.
- NMRA = Founded in 1935, the National Model Railroad association (NMRA) began when model railroading was in its infancy, without standards that ensured interchangeability. The NMRA was the organization that set those Standards and Recommended Practices which still guide manufacturers and consumers alike.
- Today, the NMRA has 150 NMRA Divisions, 18 NMRA Regions, hosts a national NMRA train convention each year, has a printed magazine, has a partnership program (where companies, train museums and other vendors, nationwide, offer discounts to NMRA members), has The Kalmbach Memorial Library (which may be the largest railroad reference and research center in the world), has an Achievement Program, a Master Model Railroader program and much more.
- A list of NMRA Benefits of Membership is here on our website as well as the NMRA website.