PSR Convention Back On Track In 2022
September 7-11, 2022 at the Four Points by Sheraton San Diego in Kearny Mesa (San Diego, California, USA)
The main convention web site is here online.
- The information below is a quick summary of the convention.
Who, What, When:
- The San Diego Division of the National Model Railroad Association (NMRA) is sponsoring the PSR Convention Back On Track In 2022 on September 7-11, 2022.
- This local model train convention will be a fun five filled days of model railroading with clinics (workshops), layout tours, prototype tours and more.
- The convention will be held at the Four Points Sheraton San Diego, 8110 Aero Drive, San Diego, California 92123 USA.
- The hotel is located in Kearny Mesa next to the general aviation airport Montgomery-Gibbs Executive Airport (previously known as Montgomery Field).
- The major freeways which are close to the hotel are the I-163 and I-805 freeways.
- To book your discounted hotel rate please click here.
How (Convention Registration):
- Please click here to go directly to registration page for the convention.
- Every model railroader, worldwide, who are members or who are not members of the National Model Railroad Association are welcome to join our convention. Modelers who model any scale are welcome.
- Please remember to schedule time off now with your employer, so you have your vacation days (paid or unpaid vacation days) locked in.
- The home page for the convention web site is here online.
A Brief Summary Of The Convention:
The PSR Convention Back On Track In 2022 will include clinics (workshops), layout tours, prototype tours, swap meets, hobo auctions, raffles, guest speakers, dinning, visiting the San Diego Model Railroad Museum and more. Our model train convention will not only be a great place to learn more about model railroading but will be a place you can relax around people with the same interest in model railroading as you do. The convention will also allow you to see current friends, reconnect with old friends and meet new people in the hobby.
The non-model railroaders who are attending our convention will have plenty to do as San Diego is a top tourist destination for people worldwide. San Diego has many attractions including the beaches (Pacific Beach, Mission Bay, Ocean Beach, La Jolla Shores, Coronado Beach are some of the beaches conveniently located, by car, near the hotel), Balboa Park with its many museums, the San Diego Zoo, Sea World, Legoland, the Gaslamp Quarter (downtown San Diego), Seaport Village (at the San Diego Bay), Little Italy, Old Town State Historic Park, Cabrillo National Monument, Sunset Cliffs Natural Park, walking (or riding a bike) along the San Diego Bay, Maritime Museum of San Diego (at the San Diego Bay), San Diego Harbor Cruises, San Diego Whale Watching Cruises, Ocean Fishing Excursions, Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve, Birch Aquarium and more. There are many restaurants in San Diego offering many different types of cuisines that you can take advantage of and don't forget Fashion Valley Mall and Mission Valley Mall are just a short drive from the hotel.
Please remember that rates are subject to change so please book early to lock in your rates. Events, clinics and prototype tours may change over the course of time, so please keep this mind.
Some National Model Railroad Association Definitions:
- Division = The National Model Railroad Association (NMRA) has named all the local NMRA groups "Divisions" instead of calling them "clubs." The reason why each local NMRA group is called a Division, is that model railroad clubs usually have permanent layout (or are module clubs) and NMRA Divisions don't have a layout for its members. What NMRA Divisions offer to its members are holding monthly meetings and events.
- Our meetings, called Meets, can include "how-to" clinics (which are workshops where any type modeling techniques are taught), Show & Tell, swap meets, auctions, pot lucks and more.
- Our events can be prototype tours, layout tours, model train conventions and more.
- The name of the NMRA's Division in San Diego, is called the San Diego Division.
- PSR = The Pacific Southwest Region (PSR) is a region of four southwest (USA) NMRA Divisions. The Pacific Southwest Region includes three Divisions in Southern California (San Diego, Los Angeles and Cajon) and one Division in Arizona.
- NMRA = Founded in 1935, the National Model Railroad association (NMRA) began when model railroading was in its infancy, without standards that ensured interchangeability. The NMRA was the organization that set those Standards and Recommended Practices which still guide manufacturers and consumers alike.
- Today, the NMRA has 150 NMRA Divisions, 18 NMRA Regions, hosts a national NMRA train convention each year, has a printed magazine, has a partnership program (where companies, train museums and other vendors, nationwide, offer discounts to NMRA members), has The Kalmbach Memorial Library (which may be the largest railroad reference and research center in the world), has an Achievement Program, a Master Model Railroader program and much more.
- A list of NMRA Benefits of Membership is here on our website as well as on the NMRA website.